Closing date Application Deadline 2 (8 January 2010 for Medical Sciences and Philosophy students; 22 January 2010 for all other subjects) for admission to Oxford. Please visit the COSF website for details of the deadline for completion of COSF's application form.
The China Oxford Scholarship Fund (COSF) was established in 1992 to provide a number of partial awards to students from China who have been accepted for postgraduate studies at Oxford and who will return and contribute to the future development of China after their studies. The exact number and value of the awards are published in spring each year. COSF is run by volunteers, and is completely independent of the University
Students who have permanent residency status in the People's Republic of China (including Hong Kong)
- Other criteria
Selection criteria include academic excellence, financial need, a confirmed place at Oxford, a commitment to contributing to the future of China, leadership qualities and a rounded personality
- Level of study
- Graduate degrees
Varies for different awards
- Type of student
New students. Continuing Oxford students may also be considered but preference is given to students entering the UK for the first time.
Varies by award. In 2009-10 the awards varied from £1,000 to £25,000
Number of awards available varies each year. In 2009/10 there were twenty awards. Application procedure
1) Apply at the same time as you apply to Oxford by selecting China Oxford Scholarship Fund in the Funding Section of the University's Graduate Application Form.
2) You must also apply to COSF for your application to be considered. Application forms and further information can be found on the COSF website.
We expect that COSF will notify successful candidates in July 2010
- About the donor
COSF draws on the support of a wide range of donors (both private and corporate), volunteers, and Oxford alumni. The Fund is seeking to establish permanent funding for future generations of Chinese scholars in Oxford by attracting donors with the vision to invest in China's future and by seeking out students of rare talent who would benefit from the Fund's help.
The completed application forms must reach the above mentioned address no later than Monday, February 15th 2010. Application by e-mail will only be taken into consideration when sent to the following address: email@example.com.
Hasselt University announces, within the Center for Statistics, the UHasselt entity of the Interuniversity Institute for Biostatistics and statistical Bioinformatics the following position (m/f):
PhD (2x2 years) `Statistical Methodology in Vaccine and Infectious Disease Research` (mandate 090/32/045)
# Job description # PhD in statistical methodology in vaccine and infectious disease research. The research activities are part of an interuniversity collaboration between the Institute VAXINFECTIO of the University of Antwerp, and the Center for Statistics, Hasselt University. The main interdisciplinary research themes are i) to improve and/or increase the understanding of the immune system, ii) to develop strategies for the containment of antibiotic resistance and iii) to develop new methodology in modeling infectious disease spread. # Profile # 1. You have a strong quantitative background; 2. You are intrinsically motivated, think analytically and creatively, and work in an organised and focused manner; 3. You enjoy working in an multidisciplinary environment (statistics, epidemiology, medical sciences, life sciences); 4. Experience in the use of statistical/ mathematical software such as SAS, R, etc., is a plus.
# Diploma # Licentiate, Master, or equivalent degree in (bio)statistics, mathematics, physics, biology or related field.
# Offer # The appointment takes is for a period of 2 years, extendable to a total period of 4 years.
# Further information # 1. Content job responsibilities: * Prof. dr. Niel Hens, +32 11-26 82 32, firstname.lastname@example.org * Prof. dr. Marc Aerts, +32 11-26 82 47, email@example.com
2. Content terms of employment and selection procedure: Jef Vanvoorden, 011-26 80 80, firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Applicants must use the official application forms which are available at the Rectoraat of Hasselt University, Campus Diepenbeek, Agoralaan - building D, B-3590 Diepenbeek (Belgium), phone +32 - 11 - 26 80 03 or which can be downloaded here pdf-file / Word format.
The completed application forms must reach the above mentioned address no later than
Sampoerna Foundation Overview Sampoerna Foundation is a professional philanthropy organization and a service provider for Corporate Social Responsibility with a commitment to education. It was established in 2001 in response to the urgent need to improve the quality of education in Indonesia.
Sampoerna Foundation Overseas MBA Scholarship
The Sampoerna Foundation Overseas MBA Scholarship is a means to groom Indonesia’s future business leaders.
Sampoerna Foundation provides one (1) scholarship to pursue a Master’s of Business Administration degree at leading university overseas. Upon completing the program, the scholarship recipient is required to return to Indonesia and endeavor to transfer his/ her knowledge to his/ her fellow citizens.
I. Basic Eligibility Applicant must satisfy ALL of the following conditions:
1. Indonesian citizen who is under 35 years of age when lodging the application. 2. Hold a local Bachelor’s degree from any discipline with a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.00 (on a 4.00 scale). 3. Have a minimum of 2 year full-time professional work experience after the completion of the undergraduate degree. 4. Currently did not enroll in graduate or post-graduate program, or obtained a Master’s degree or equivalent. 5. Did not graduate from an overseas tertiary institution, unless was on a full scholarship. 6. Do not receive other equivalent award or scholarship offering similar or other benefits at the time of the award. 7. Has applied to the university(ies) that are recommended by Sampoerna Foundation for the academic year 2010/2011 by the closing date of this scholarship application (February 1, 2010). 8. Submit the result of TOEFL/ IELTS and GMAT with the minimum score as required by the chosen university. 9. Have motivation to return to Indonesia and work in Indonesia upon completion of the MBA program. II. Further Requirements Applicant also must:
1. Demonstrate leadership potential and interest in and commitment to community and national development. 2. Meet the requirements for obtaining a student visa of the designated country upon acceptance of the scholarship. 3. Comply with the application of the scholarship rules and regulations as stipulated by Sampoerna Foundation, partner institution for each respective program, and the university.
III. Nature of award
1. The scholarship covers the following: * GMAT and TOEFL/ IELTS reimbursement, one time only, based on original invoice; * University application fee, for up to 2 (two) universities; * Student visa application fee; * Return airfares from Jakarta to the place of study; * Tuition fees, for the duration of study; * Living allowance, to support living costs during period of study; * Literature allowance, to purchase textbooks required for study. 2. The scholarship is intended for full-time/ regular class study only. 3. Scholarship recipient is not permitted to undertake any form of employment at any time during the course of study.
IV. Duration of Award
1. The scholarship is provided for a maximum of 2 (two) years, or otherwise as stated by the university. 2. The scholarship recipient is obliged to complete his/ her study within 2 (two) years. Failure to complete the study within this timeframe will result in a penalty imposed whereby the scholarship recipient must return 50% of the total amount of scholarship fund already disbursed. 3. Continuation of scholarship is subject to the scholar’s satisfactory academic and non-academic progress.
V. Employment There is no obligation for the scholarship recipient or Sampoerna Foundation to engage in any form of future employment. Sampoerna Foundation does not oblige scholarship recipient to work for Sampoerna Foundation and its affiliates or supporting organizations. However, upon completion of study, the scholarship recipient is required to return and work in Indonesia for 5 (five) consecutive years to contribute the skills and knowledge gained from the MBA study for the development of the country.
Application deadline is February 1, 2010.
Sampoerna Foundation recommends the 2010 scholarship applicants to apply for admission to any of the following universities:
Sampoerna Foundation MBA in the USA Scholarship
1. Harvard University – Boston, MA 2. Stanford University – Stanford, CA 3. Northwestern University (Kellogg) – Evanston, IL 4. University of Pennsylvania (Wharton) – Philadelphia, PA 5. Massachusetts Institut of Technology (Wharton) – Cambridge, MA 6. University of Chicago (Booth) – Chicago, IL 7. University of California-Berkeley (Haas) – Berkeley, CA 8. Columbia University – New York, NY 9. Yale University – New Haven, CT
Australian Education International – Sampoerna Foundation MBA in Australia Scholarship
1. Australian Graduate School of Management 2. Melbourne Business School
Ambassade de France en Indonésie – Sampoerna Foundation MBA in France Scholarship
British Council – Sampoerna Foundation MBA in the UK Scholarship
1. London Business School 2. University of Cambridge (Judge) 3. University of Oxford (Said)
Singapore Education – Sampoerna Foundation MBA in Singapore Scholarship
1. National University of Singapore 2. Nanyang Technological University
Application package can be downloaded at Sampoerna Foundation’s website: www.sampoernafoundation.org. Interested applicants who meet the requirements must complete and return the application package (application form & reference form) by the deadline (February 1, 2010) to Sampoerna Foundation office:
Sampoerna School of Education Building Jl. Kapten Tendean No.88 C, 5th Floor Jakarta Selatan 12710, Indonesia
The Jefferson Fellowships program was launched in 1967 to enhance public understanding through the news media of cultures, issues and trends in the Asia Pacific region, broadly defined as Asia, the Pacific Islands and the United States. The Fellowships provide U.S. and Asia Pacific journalists with an opportunity to broaden their understanding of Asia Pacific issues and build a professional network through one week of dialogue with professional colleagues and experts at the East-West Center, followed by a two-week study tour to cities in Asia or the U.S. Spring 2010 Jefferson Fellowships Program NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE SPRING 2010 PROGRAM
Program Dates: April 17 - May 9, 2010 Study Tour Destinations: Honolulu, Hawaii; Hong Kong SAR; Shanghai, China; Jakarta, Indonesia Theme: Reporting New Realities: Beyond the Economic Crisis
The shock of the global financial crisis and renewed commitment to addressing climate change pose new realities for countries around the world. Leaders at the APEC Summit in Singapore in November 2009 stated `We cannot go back to `growth as usual` or `trade as usual.` The post-crisis landscape will be different. We need a new growth paradigm. We need a fresh model of economic integration.` But what will such models look like, and how are countries positioned to implement them?
Participants in the Spring 2010 Jefferson Fellowships will explore new realities in the U.S.- Asia Pacific region in the wake of the shock of the global economic crisis and in the face of the growing challenge of climate change. This special Jefferson Fellowships program will begin with one week of dialogue sessions at the East-West Center in Honolulu, followed by an opportunity to attend the East-West Center`s 2nd International Media Conference in Hong Kong on the theme `Reporting New Realities in theAsia Pacific Region.` The conference will provide on-the-ground updates on news and media issues throughout the world`s most dynamic region through keynote speakers, panels of journalists and other professionals, plenary sessions with regional experts, and media workshops.
Participants will then travel to Shanghai and Jakarta to explore some of these new realities. China and Indonesia are countries with huge populations and rising influence in theAsia Pacific region. As members of the G-20, they both have a seat at the new international table to discuss the future of global governance. Yet both are still developing countries that are seeking a model of sustainable economic growth in the face of new global economic realities, regional power balances and climate change. Participants will visit Shanghai in advance of the opening of the World Expo on the theme `Better City, Better Life` to explore the significance of the Expo for China and for Shanghai, the new Chinese-U.S. relationship, and how China is moving forward with its economic recovery and future development. In Jakarta, participants will explore the under-reported `new reality` of democratic and economic transition in the world`s fourth most populous country and the largest Muslim democracy. They will examine the many challenges that lie ahead for the multi-ethnic, multi-lingual country to develop a robust, effective democracy and economic growth in a challenging new global landscape.
Who Can Apply: Working print, broadcast, and online journalists in the United States, the Pacific Islands, and Asia with a minimum of five years of professional experience. Applicants must have the ability to communicate in English in a professional, multi-cultural environment.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Funding: The Jefferson Fellowships are supported from a grant from The Freeman Foundation. The grant funds economy class, roundtrip airfare to and from Honolulu, Hawaii as well as program-related air and ground transportation, lodging, and meals for participating journalists. A modest per diem is also provided. Participants are responsible for all applicable visa fees and any additional visa-related expenses.
News organizations are also asked to support their employees` participation by cost-sharing whenever possible. An `Employers Statement of Support` is a required part of the application. While financial assistance from the employer is not required, employers are encouraged to provide support to their Jefferson Fellows as a demonstration of their commitment to the program.
For more information about the program and how to apply, please see the Spring 2010 Jefferson Fellowships announcement.
HOW TO APPLY Applicants must submit the Jefferson Fellowships application form and
1. A maximum three-page letter outlining your issues of interest, a brief description of your news organization, what you expect to accomplish if an award is granted and topics you propose to address in your paper and presentation at the East-West Center. It should be a topic that represents a perspective from your country/community related to the program theme. 2. A letter of recommendation on official letterhead from your supervisor describing your suitability for the Fellowship and the benefit the organization hopes to derive from your participation in the program. 3. Names, addresses, phone/fax numbers and e-mail of three people who may be contacted by the Center as references. Two of these references should be people outside your news organization. 4. The `Employer`s Statement of Support` form completed by your employer (form is included in the 3-page application).
NOTE: Samples of your work are not required. If you wish to include samples, please do so via web links to articles.
Application deadline is Wednesday, January 27, 2010. Incomplete or late applicants will not be considered.
Applications may be sent by e-mail, fax or post as follows: Email: email@example.com Fax: 1-808-944-7600 (ATTN: Jefferson Fellowships)
Post: Jefferson Fellowships Program East-West Seminars East-West Center 1601 East-West Road Honolulu, Hawai`i 96848-1601, U.S.A.
If you have questions about the application process, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-808-944-7682
FOR MORE INFORMATION Ann Hartman Seminar Specialist, Seminars East-West Center 1601 East-West Road Honolulu, HI 96848-1601 Phone: (808) 944-7619 Fax: (808) 944-7600 Email: email@example.com
Development of children's education today more increased and more advanced, especially when they are in primary school and junior high schools. This increase was also influenced by the touch of an increasingly sophisticated technology. of them is a computer and the internet. Because with this technology the students can be more interactive both in lessons or with their job duties at the school.
Nowadays youngsters are auspicious because they've the chance to find out how to apply a electronic computer and approach the Internet as well. As betimes as the age of four, a youngster rapidly learns.
Technology has continued way and the Internet is the vast proofread. Students can trust on online tutoring on hard subjects like maths. Solvents to Math problems aspiring very easy too if ceaseless practice is being done. Furthermore, they will not acquire baffled finding Math answers because of these free online Math tutoring is available on the Internet. However I wish it added up early during my schooltimes.
It comprised jolly hard for me to take an online tutoring service again. I had proved some but was absolutely unsatisfied on their performance. I was paid vast fees but was ineffective to improve my classes. A friend of mine was applying this service and in reality forced me to bring together this Web site. He narrated me that I'd never regret my decision and he was powerful.
Online math tutoring has now become the main platforms of learning and I on a regular basis use this service for my studies. I'm in my K-12 and have to do a lot of difficult exercisings and assignments. This site is in reality helping me on doing that within minutes. I canful interact with the tutors and ask questions even on 3 am in the morning. Help is available 24/7 on this site.
The feature article of finding math answers within minutes has actually helped me in getting over my fears of calculus with Precalculus help and differential equations. I can now solve any difficult question with no difficulty and can also do my assignments without any delays or poor grades.
My math problems are over now and I would strongly suggest other students to seek the help of this service. It is dirt cheap but does not compromise on quality, you can visit Tutornext.com cause on Tutornext provides high quality one by one supplemental education for K-12 and college students. Assignment Help and Online Tutoring services like statistics help, chemistry help are convenient and affordable. Using our services, students can connect to a tutor as often as they need help and just when they are ready to learn.
European Erasmus Mundus MSc in Sustainable Forest and Nature Management-SUFONAMA
Application deadline: 3 May 2010
The global demand for forest and nature resources and the pressures on the natural environment seem to continue to increase. The need to ensure the sustainability of natural resources for future generations has never been greater.
The MSc Course in Sustainable Forest and Nature Management (SUFONAMA) is a two-year world-class integrated course aimed at qualifying graduates to deal with the enormous challenges in sustainable management of natural resources. Five of the best European universities within this field are organising the course.
All SUFONAMA modular activities are completed in English. Due to the one-year Course components, SUFONAMA encourages its student body to engage in local language studies available at all the partner institutions. The total students population is expected to be 150.
The Master Course The Master Course is organized by a Consortium which involves five institutions:
1. University of Copenhagen, Danish Centre for Forest, Landscape and Planning, Copenhagen, Denmark; 2. Bangor University, School of the Environment and Natural Resources, Bangor, Wales, United Kingdom; 3. University of Goettingen, Faculty of Forestry and Forest Ecology, Goettingen, Germany; 4. Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Southern Swedish Forest Research Centre, Alnarp, Sweden; 5. University of Padova, College of Agriculture, Padova, Italy.